Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year

I'm sitting here having a rare moment of solitude during these holidays. The windows are open, due to the crazy Texas weather, and I am listening to my girl play her guitar on the front lawn. My other girl is writing a new song on the piano and showing it to her dad. (Yes, we usually have at least two musical instruments going at once here.)
The other girl, her husband and brother are out "dirt-biking".
We've been cooking some good stuff, watching football, talking, catching up, getting over the flu, reveling in the new year with friends, getting ready for a new semester of school, and more. It's such a crazy time of endings and beginnings. Having so much fun you can hardly stand it while pushing thru some nagging problems that have to be dealt with. Yes, this is life! Wonderful, crazy, scary, careful, hopeful, joyous, beautiful!
Somehow, I am truly overwhelmed at this particular moment. Why? I don't even know. I can't see more than a step ahead of me - though I desperately want to see this whole year and plan it out and fix all the kinks before anyone has to feel them. But how do I even think I would be wise enough to do that, to make all the right decisions.
I'm so thankful I don't even have the choice to do that. Oh how I would screw it all up!
“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”- Psalm 90:12
I don't have to see it all - I just have to stay close to the only one who CAN see it. I want a heart of wisdom!
Thanks for indulging me. No pictures this time - but I am looking forward to more of those this year. Can't wait to see who I will meet and get to know through our sessions.
Have a truly wonderful year! Hope to see you in mine
Sandra

2 comments:

Clint and Lauren Brock said...

Can we mention that daughter number 3 is by far the least of the tomboys...though it sounds like I'm a crazy dirt biker? If I had not indulged the boys (I love doing that don't get me wrong!) I would have been painting my nails or something...I promise...I'm a girl too!!! :)

This post is great Mom! :) I'm just giving you a hard time. I might have been actually adding a third instrument - guitar hero drums - oh here i go again sounding boyish!

Sandra Edwards said...

Yes, I will say that you are the only daughter who wears high heels with any kind of consistency and twirls her hair non-stop. That's pretty "girlie"!intshepi